Friday, December 02, 2005

Celebrating an Honorable Gentleman



We held the annual meeting of the Junior Statesmen Foundation Board of Trustees this afternoon.

The former Assemblyman from Menlo Park, Dixon Arnett, was honored for his 38 years of service on the board as he moves to the position of Trustee Emeritus.

Working with Dixon has always been delightful. After the meeting I told him I still remembered a speech he gave to my Junior Statesmen Summer School at UC Davis 26 years ago on political redistricting. It was the first time I'd ever heard about "reapportionment" or "gerrymandering." He had a great way of making a rather dry topic memorable. Dixon remembered that his presentation included a slide show -- the PowerPoint of the 70s.

I promised Dixon today that my camera had a digital feature that would add hair to our picture -- long for him, curly for me. Oh that it did.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: