Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Time Travel

Saw the new period movie "Pride and Prejudice" and found it entertaining -- regardless of how many times they've made this book into a movie.

Brenda Blethyn steals the movie as the overwrought mother determined to see her five daughters married off -- no matter their imperfections.

Sometimes in movies like this I have trouble keeping track of whose zooming whom. But this movie was pretty easy to follow.

Though I did find it tough to keep my mind on a picture set in the 1800s when the girl sitting in front of me kept flashing her cellphone screen while she was checking her text messages. I asked her to stop once, but when she kept doing it I didn't have the energy to do anything about it. Another example of someone who doesn't know the difference between watching a DVD on her couch and going out in public. I hope her mother can find her a husband who won't notice the rudeness. Who knows? Maybe the text messages were from her mother.

No comments: