Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pursuing My Happyness


One of my favorite restaurants, Dupar's Coffee Shop at Farmers Market, closed down two years ago for "remodeling." Well they reopened on Saturday (finally) and I'm pleased to report it's better now than it was before.

They freshened up the interior and the menu is pretty much the same, but the food seems to be more tasty. Although part of the menu seems to be a little too ambitious -- is anyone going to order a $24 steak at Dupar's?

Afterwards I went to see Will Smith's new movie "The Pursuit of Happyness." After seeing the preview I was worried the movie would be too emotionally manipulative. And it is, but the manipulation is done really well.

Smith stars as a man trying to fight his way out of poverty while raising his son (played by Smith's real-life son, Jaden).

Two more ticks on my Golden Globe list.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: