Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Plants or Sand?


Well, I didn't make it to the Botanical Gardens today. Even though I've been in Rio since Saturday I'm still struggling with the six hour time difference. I wake up around 4 or 5 a.m. and I feel OK for a few hours. Then around 9 a.m. I have the unstoppable urge to go back to sleep. So my daytime sightseeing has been limited. But it leaves me quite lively in the evening -- which is a good thing in Rio.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Buenos Aires and it won't be possible to go back to bed at 9 a.m. -- so maybe that'll break the spell.

I'm there until Saturday and then I'm coming back to Rio, so I still have an opportunity to see the Botanical Gardens next week.

I did manage to get in a little beach time today -- so all was not lost.

Above is a photo of some street performers who came along while I was having dinner (again) at Bar do Beto. After they performed for a few minutes they passed a hat along the restaurant windows facing the street.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: