Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One Night Only


It took three flights and changing planes in Lisbon and Madrid, but I made it to Central London around 4 p.m. this afternoon.

My flight on TAP, the airline of Portugal, was quite an adventure. We left Rio over an hour late. Nearly all of the lavatories on the flight didn't work (which is a problem on a 9 hour flight). And they didn't board potable water so they couldn't brew coffee or tea. And when we arrived in Lisbon the baggage delivery belt broke after spitting out the first four bags and it took thirty minutes to fix.

If I were still on my originally booked British Airways flight to London from Lisbon I would have missed it. But because of the threat of a strike (which ended up getting settled) I was re-booked on an Iberia flight that left 90 minutes later so it worked out OK.

Tomorrow I'm off to Marrakech, Morocco in the northwest corner of the Continent of Africa. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of internet access, but I'll be blogging as I can. Otherwise I return to London on Sunday night.

According to my site meter, this blog hit a new high with over 850 visitors in January.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: