Monday, April 24, 2006



Since my trip to San Francisco came up on such short notice I made a hotel reservation while I was driving there. A new hotel recently opened, the Hilton San Francisco Financial District, and I was excited at the prospect of staying there for the first time.

Imagine my disappointment when I pulled up and I realized I'd stayed there already -- when I was 13 -- when it was the Chinatown Holiday Inn!

But Hilton clearly has done a very nice job of fixing it up so I decided to go forward. As you can see from the photo above my room had a lovely view of Coit Tower.

Too bad the internet access in the room didn't work. And after two hours of trying to get it to work it was time to CHECK OUT!

I moved to the Hilton Fishermen's Wharf, where I've stayed many times. And as soon as I got to my room I fired up my laptop and the internet connection worked without any problem. The other Hilton is nicer, but that's pointless if I can't use my laptop for work (and blogging). (And taking pity on me, the Hilton Fishermen's Wharf put me in a suite so I'm in a pretty good mood about the whole episode.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: