Monday, April 03, 2006

Hope Springs Eternal ...Then Gets Squashed



Spent most of today at Dodger Stadium for the season opening game against the visiting Atlanta Braves.

The Braves scored 4 runs in the first inning and never looked back. The Dodgers made it interesting near the end of the game but ended up losing 11 to 10.

After the game I flew to Sacramento for a hearing tomorrow. There's a big rainstorm tonight in California and the flight was very, very bumpy. I was seated in front of a major United Airlines executive I'm acquainted with and at one point he shouted "Jesus Christ" during some particularly bad turbulence. It's a little disconcerting when the airlines' own executives are praying for their lives.

Once I arrived in Sacramento I checked into the Embassy Suites Hotel only to check out 20 minutes later. Despite my request, they put me in a very loud room overlooking the freeway -- and then I found out the hotel's internet service was down for at least the night. Buh bye.

Now I'm happily ensconced at the Hilton Garden Inn in a very quiet room with good internet access.

So maybe "hope" means willing to walk out if you don't get what you want.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: