Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Welcome to the Suck



Can you believe Santa is already flying high overhead at The Grove? Two weeks before Thanksgiving! That's not right. I know they have to put up the tree because it takes some time to decorate it. (The Grove claims their tree is "bigger" than the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center. I've seen both and I have trouble believing The Grove's claim.) But it just seems too early to have the Flying Santa display up already.

Saw Jake Gyllenhaal's new movie "Jarhead" tonight. I thought it was an excellent movie about what it's like to be a Marine in a war zone (in this case the Iraq invasion of Kuwait).

The movie isn't so much about the action of war, it's more about the inaction of being at war. It seemed very believable to me. Posted by Picasa

No comments: