Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Cutting Corners, Literally

Stopped by the grocery store on the way home tonight. I was impressed by the guy in front of me in the check-out line who handed the cashier a stack of perfectly clipped coupons for her to process. I respect anal retentiveness when I see it.

But it bugged me when the cashier began to scan my groceries and the same guy was blocking my access to the club card reader because he had to stand right there and perfectly fold his receipt several times before placing it in his wallet. I finally asked him to excuse me and he apologized for not moving along. I complimented him on how precisely he folded his receipt. I think he took it as a compliment.

And then I swiped my Vons card and saved 8% on my groceries for a total of 78 cents.

So in other words, not much happened today and that's the best I've got. Everyday can't be another go-round on the Hollywood tilt-a-whirl.

No comments: