Monday, May 02, 2005

Washington Elicits a Shrug


The brand-new Washington Nationals (last season they were the Montreal Expos) played their very first game at Dodger Stadium tonight -- and not many people seemed to care. It was one of the smallest crowds I've ever seen at Dodger Stadium.

Just as well since the Nats won 6 to 2.

On the way out Councilmember Antonio Villaraigosa's driver nearly ran me over in the parking lot. I handled the situation calmly. I screamed, "that's why I'm voting for Hahn!" That got a loud cheer from the crowd. I don't think they had any idea what I was talking about, they just liked seeing someone yell at a passing car.

The crowd is certain to be bigger tomorrow night. The Dodgers have started selling tickets to Tuesday night games for $2. Apparently some of the stadium staff has taken to calling Tuesday nights "Riot Night" after last week's raucous crowd actually ripped a bench out of the foundation in the Left Field Pavilion.

Posted by Hello

No comments: