Saturday, May 14, 2005

Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due



The Dodgers beat the Braves tonight, 7 to 4. Braves First Baseman LaRoche hit a Grand Slam in the top of the 8th inning. In the bottom of the 8th inning, Dodgers Right Fielder Milton Bradley answered with a Grand Slam of his own. Since 1900 this was only the fourth time opposing teams have hit Grand Slams in the same inning.

I have to reluctantly compliment the Dodgers on their effort to publicize the "Dodger Fan Code of Conduct." Upon entering the parking lot, every car was given their own copy of "the Code." It was posted on signs near the entrances. They showed a video of Tommy Lasorda excited about "the Code." (I've never seen Tommy in a video where he wasn't excited.) Of course, when I asked the people I was sitting with what they thought of the Code of Conduct they had no idea what I was talking about. But at least the Dodgers are trying.

Tonight's crowd of 53,689 seemed better behaved than most this season. No one ran on the field or cussed incessantly over my shoulder. But I don't know if that's because of the "Code of Conduct" or because tonight was Foursquare Church Night at Dodger Stadium.
Posted by Hello

No comments: