Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Free-Range Moviegoer

James Vaughn asked how my Oscar predictions turned out. Last Saturday GeezBob and I made our annual predictions over lunch at Langer's. A perfect score is 24 correct predictions. I got 10 right. GeezBob kicked my butt with 14 correct predictions.

Now that the Oscars are over I'm back to picking my own movies to see. The truth be told, I prefer having a checklist to work on.

Last night I saw "The Wedding Date" which was OK. I like Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney was good. The story was unrealistic, but the music was good.

Tonight I saw "Hitch" with Will Smith. Since I saw Jada Pinkett Smith fall out of the "Hitch" box at the Sambadromo in Rio I felt obligated to go. It's funny and Kevin James completely steals the movie.

Not sure which movie I'm fated to see next.

No comments: