Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Going Topless

Had a chance to see the new documentary "Inside Deep Throat" tonight. It's an interesting look at the cultural war touched off by the release of "Deep Throat" in June, 1972. And in lots of ways the battle between "immorality" and the First Amendment are still going on today. Since I was 9 at the time, I don't really remember the early 70s all that well -- but it all seems vaguely familiar. I wonder if in 30 years I'll look back on this decade with the same fog.

Today was absolutely gorgeous in Los Angeles. Even though I drive a Ford Mustang convertible, I'm not one of those folks who puts my top down at every possible moment. But today was one of those days when it would have been immoral to keep it up. I enjoyed cruising around today with it down.

No comments: