Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Night Live

Celebrity Sighting: Saw Norm Macdonald, of Saturday Night Live fame, leaving the 7:30 p.m. show of "Melinda and Melinda" tonight at the ArcLight Theater.

I wouldn't have noticed him if it weren't for David Koechner http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-6019/David_Koechner/ standing in the hallway shouting, "Norm, Norm, Norm" to get Macdonald's attention. Koechner was on SNL for one season, 1995 - 96 -- which means he and Macdonald and Will Farrell were on at the same time.

I had seen Koechner sitting alone as I was walking into the auditorium. I didn't have the nerve to walk up to him and go, "Boop, boop, boop" like one of my favorite characters of his used to say.

Will Farrell was pretty funny in the movie. And I wonder if his fellow alumnus from SNL root on his success. Or did they sit in the theater thinking, "Why isn't that me up there?"

No comments: