Thursday, March 03, 2005

If the Shoe Fits.....

Saw my third popcorn movie in a row -- tonight's was "In Good Company" starring Dennis Quaid and Topher Grace. I liked it. It's a light look at the mergers and acquisitions madness facing corporate America and its impact on people's lives. Quaid is solid as the "older" executive and Grace holds his own as the young upstart. I especially liked that it DOES NOT have a typical Hollywood ending with everything reaching an unrealistic conclusion.

GeezBob and I had lunch today at the Hamburger Mary's in West Hollywood. Even though it's been open for two years, it was my first time there. The decorations are over the top.

The food was good, but imagine my surprise when the check was delivered to our table in a giant women's red shoe, instead of the typical folder or little plate. (I noticed the shoe's label was from Frederick's of Hollywood.) I guess the check-in-a-shoe really threw me off because tonight I discovered the signed receipt (including the tip) in my shirt pocket. This means I must have left the receipt-in-the-shoe blank, which means I didn't leave a tip for our waiter -- Jerry.

Of course I'm going to go back tomorrow and fix the problem. Does that make me a good sole?

And as long as I'm there I might as well try the chicken pot pie. It sure looked good today. (Maybe that's what really threw me off balance at check time.)

No comments: