Saturday, January 01, 2005

Let Me Be Upfront

I'm in Deerfield Beach, Florida in preparation for Tuesday night's National Championship Orange Bowl game at Pro Player Stadium.

Both yesterday's flight from JFK to LAX and last night's flight from LAX to Orlando went off without a hitch.

During my 12 hours in LA I ran some errands and had lunch with David Musso, who recently returned from Rio de Janeiro and offered me some tourist tips.

Lady Luck shined on me as the New Year began. Technically my free United ticket from LAX to Orlando was un-upgradeable. I asked the agent at the front counter and she said she couldn't upgrade me. But the more powerful gate agent was happy to upgrade me. And the seat next to me in First Class was empty -- so I really had the chance to spread out on the red-eye flight.

Now we'll see if I have the same luck flying home on Wednesday.

No comments: