Friday, January 21, 2005

Arri ve derci and Bon jour

I'm at the Rome airport awaiting my flights to Paris via Frankfurt.

So my six nights in Italy have come to an end. What a beautiful country. I love the people -- the way they talk with their hands and expressive faces. The food, of course, is excellent.

I enjoyed seeing Venice and Florence but like Rome the best. I like to visit big cities.

Last night I had a chance to see the Spanish Steps and the Tivoli Fountain. Both are very cool. But I imagine it's a little like coming to Los Angeles and being excited about seeing the corner of Hollywood and Vine. What can I say, tourism marketing works.

The nightlife in Rome is quite lively. I'm afraid I was overserved both nights. And I'm paying for it this morning. But I can't wait to get to Paris.

No comments: