Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Readjustment

Went back to work yesterday. Back to reality. I shaved off my beard. That took about 30 minutes. Now when I look in the mirror there sure is a lot of face looking back.

On the way to the office I treated myself by stopping off for breakfast in the Fountain Coffee Shop at the Beverly Hills Hotel. I haven't been there for a long time -- but I love that place. It's tiny -- just a counter. The banana leaf wallpaper is very kitsch.

A Kelly Ripa look-alike was having breakfast with her three rambunctious children at the far end of the counter. They must have been staying in the hotel. Her son (about 6) insisted he wanted to visit the La Brea Tar Pits AGAIN! Based on how the conversation was going, I think he got his way.

I hope they enjoy their vacation -- I had to go to the office.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Boo Hoo. I thought you looked so dignified and distinguished with the beard.