Thursday, February 17, 2005

My Good Deed for the Day

Saw a couple of Oscar nominated movies today: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events at the Beverly Center and Collateral on video. If you like Jim Carey, I recommend L.S. Maybe Collateral is better viewed in a theater, but it was pretty sorry on my TV set.

One thing I had forgotten about while I was away is how many telephone sales calls I get. Comcast called AGAIN tonight to sell me high speed Internet service.

While I don't like getting the calls, I'm never rude to the people on the phone. My first paid job in Washington, DC was soliciting for dollars over the phone from the basement of the RNC. So I know what it's like on the other end of the phone. So usually I just have fun with the callers.

Tonight I told Mr. Comcast that I thought the Internet was the work of the Devil. He missed a beat and then got back on script. He urged me to remember Comcast should I ever buy a computer. I told him I would consider that a sign of the apocalypse, in which case I would expect them to send my monthly bill directly to Lucifer. I don't think he could tell if I was pulling his leg or really crazy. At least he'll have a good story to tell at breaktime. That always helped the night go faster for me.

No comments: