Saturday, February 26, 2005

Here's Looking at You

The uproar over Gary Brolsma and his "Numa Numa Dance" reminds me never to have a webcam in my car. Sometimes I like to dance along to the songs while I'm driving. Fortunately, the only people who get to see the show are the ones in the next lane. Here's the link if you haven't seen what I'm writing about: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/lyle_24/myhero.swf

I'm closing in on my Oscar goal at a two movie a day clip.

Last night I saw "Downfall," a must-see German movie about the final days of Hitler during WWII. An absolutely gripping war film. I understand that some in Germany say that any film that shows the "humanity" of Hitler should not be allowed. This movie shows Hitler as a maniacal, crazy, sick man realizing his "dreams" were collapsing. Bruno Ganz turns in an amazing performance as Adolf Hitler. The scene of Magda Goebbels methodically poisoning her six children may be the most chilling I've ever seen.

And why was I the only one in the theater who laughed when the official marrying Hitler to Eva Braun (just before they killed themselves) out of routine asked to see Hitler's National ID card? Hello, it's Hitler!

On a MUCH lighter note, I also watched "Before Sunset" with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy -- a cute romantic movie. This is a follow-up to "Before Sunrise" with Hawke and Delpy reprising their roles of Jesse and Celine.

No comments: