Sunday, February 20, 2005

Here Kitty, Kitty

Tonight I saw "Born Into Brothels," the Academy Award-nominated documentary about children growing up in the red light district in Calcutta. Too bad the documentarian allowed her ego to carry her away and the film ends up being about her "good deeds" rather than the original subject matter.

On a much lighter note, I rented Shrek 2 -- which received two Oscar nominations. I was glad to see Gingy come to the rescue in the end. Sorry if I just spoiled it for you.

I read where the authorities think a lion is loose somewhere near Simi Valley. You may remember that lion is the one category of animals in the "Big Five" I didn't see on my recent safari. So if anyone has an open jeep and wants to go tracking, just knock on my door at 5 a.m. and I'll go with you.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Oops. You're too late. The kitty has been killed. But, not to worry. It was a tiger. How disappointing it would have been for you to have gone looking for a lion and spotted a tiger instead.