Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Actions & Reactions

Had a nice lunch today with Dad and Anne at the Macaroni Grill in Northridge. I enjoyed showing them photos from my trip. (This same show is available to anyone who spots me with my laptop. I have about 1,000 photos so I won't be offended if you Call Uncle without seeing them all.)

Anne thinks I should keep my beard. Dad offered to lend me dog clippers like the ones he, apparently, uses to groom his beard. You can imagine my reaction.

Enjoyed talking with my friend and colleague, Rochelle Lewis, today. I learned that Rochelle Lewis has taken to counting the number of times Rochelle Lewis and others are mentioned in my blog. Rochelle Lewis pointed out that Rochelle Lewis has never been mentioned. I know better than to mess with Rochelle Lewis. I promised Rochelle Lewis I'd take action to make sure Rochelle Lewis was no longer egregiously overlooked.

Tonight I saw "The Chorus" which is a French film nominated for a Best Foreign Language Picture Oscar and Best Original Song Oscar. It tells the story of a French reform school with the discipline motto of "action - reaction." Unfortunately, the miscreants take lots of bad actions which leads to the evil headmaster's reactions (corporal punishment). But all is made better by a new teacher who brings out the "good boy" in all by teaching them to sing.

Speaking of miscreants, what kind of a pig-person actually answers a cellphone during a movie and has a conversation? Especially at the Beverly Center with its smaller-than-a-home-theater sized auditoriums! I finally acted with a loud "Shhh!" I only wish the headmaster has been there to apply an appropriate "reaction."

No comments: