Friday, February 25, 2005

Pressure

With the Oscars scheduled for Sunday I'm feeling the heat to see all the nominated movies before my (self-imposed) deadline.

I still need to see two movies running in theaters:

Downfall
The Polar Express

and four that I can rent:

Before Sunset
I, Robot
Super Size Me
The Village

So let's hope my VCR can make it through the weekend. Of course, the Academy could have made my life a whole lot easier by not moving up the Oscars by a month!

Last night I rented "Maria Full of Grace." It's the story of a woman who attempts to escape poverty in Columbia by becoming a drug-running mule. It wasn't as intense an I expected it to be. And while Catalina Sandino Moreno gave a perfectly fine performance, it wasn't one of the five best of the year -- INMO. I'm still rooting for Imelda Staunton in "Vera Drake" though I expect Hilary Swank to win for "Million Dollar Baby."

My Trojan Basketball team didn't give me much to brag about last night as the Bruins completed a season sweep (for the first time in 4 years) by winning 90 to 69. But before my Bruin friends get all up in my face I'd like to remind them of two things: 1) It's all about the football and 2) I'm now living by the Code of Thug Life.

No comments: