Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Six Cents Worth


New York Magazine reported the Clinton Street Baking Company & Restaurant in the Lower East Side has the best pancakes in New York City. I don't know if that's true (I haven't tried them all for myself) but I do know they probably have the best pancakes I've ever eaten.

Sadly, I can't recommend this restaurant to others for three reasons:

1) They don't take credit cards (tacky).
2) They charge for a second glass of iced tea/no free refills (tackier).
3) After paying my bill I was owed $7.06 in change but the waitress "rounded up" and only brought me seven dollars (tackiest).

Unfortunately, I was running late for the airport (so I thought at the time) and couldn't take the time to demand all that I was owed. Would I actually argue for a nickel and a penny on principle? Without hesitation, yes.

Heck, I'm someone who still gets a little charge when I find a penny on the sidewalk.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: