Sunday, June 01, 2008

It's All In Your Head



Went to see the touring production of "A Chorus Line" at the Ahmanson Theater last night.

I most recently saw the Broadway production of this show on April 6, 2007. Here's what I wrote after seeing the show in NYC:

"It's an excellent production of a creaky show. I know this show was very moving in it's day -- but now that TV is filled with people looking to spill their guts in order to be famous, the idea of telling your secrets to a choreographer and others at an audition hardly seems cathartic."

Can't say my opinion has changed. But there were two differences between the Broadway production and the touring one.

1) Unlike in NYC, there were not stand-outs amongst the performers in this production.

2) The stage lighting was so terrible at the Ahmanson it was often difficult to see the actors. Either that or I'm getting cataracts.

It took my awhile to locate what I wrote about the show in April, 2007. I was scrolling all through my blog to find it. Then I noticed the handy search button at the top of the page. It really does work!

Maybe some day I'll get as organized as Steve on Broadway -- www.steveonbroadway.blogspot.com -- in referring to shows I've seen in the past.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: