Sunday, December 31, 2006

Pick A Winner



I'm quite certain I saw the show today that's going to win the Tony for Best New Musical next June. I'm just not sure if it's the first or second show I saw.

Tonight I saw "Spring Awakening" which has an energy level I haven't see in a Broadway theater in a long time. It's about teenagers becoming aware of their sexuality and it's set in Germany at the turn of the century.

But the songs are very modern -- the actors even reach into their jackets to pull out hand-held microphones (even though they are completely miked already).

I really liked the music and the wild choreography was astonishing.

Celebrity Sightings: Saw TV & Movie Star Jerry O'Connell picking up tickets at the box office.

I sat across the aisle from the former President of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Havel. I have to admit someone had to tell me who Havel was. I could tell he was "someone." Right before the show he got up to go to the bathroom and a security officer got up two rows behind him and followed him. I was thinking he was a high-ranking elected official from the tri-state area.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: