Sunday, December 17, 2006

Not Exactly a One-Woman Show


Went to the Geffen Playhouse tonight to see Carrie Fisher's one-woman show, "Wishful Drinking." Fisher tells stories about her life growing up as the daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher along with her battles with drug addiction and mental illness -- all in a very funny way.

She begins her show by talking about the recent headlines generated when Republican political operative Greg Stevens died in her home.

Imagine my surprise when Fisher came into the audience during Act One and grabbed my hand and led me onstage. She made me wear her Princess Leia wig and then we waltzed a little and finally danced off the stage to begin the Intermission.

Off stage I told her I knew Greg Stevens when we were both students at USC. We agreed Stevens would like the show. "He liked attention," Fisher pointed out.

The show's pianist, Gerald Sternbach, nicely snapped the photo above. Sternbach is also the Musical Director for Reprise! and I took the opportunity to let him know I was a subscriber and thanked him for his work.

Celebrity Sighting: Spotted Hank Azaria leaving the theater.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: