Monday, October 02, 2006

With Apologies to Karen Prosser


I have no doubt Karen Prosser is sitting at her desk, tapping her fingers, because I didn't blog last night. So let me start with an apology. Yesterday I was up at 4:30 a.m. for a 6:00 a.m. radio debate. We went at it hard for an hour. My energy cycle was way off for the rest of the day and when it came type to sit down and blog my brain cells just weren't ready to string words into sentences. I'm sorry.

But now I'm back in the saddle.

Yesterday afternoon I went to see the new play "Rabbit Hole," making it's West Coast Premiere, at the Geffen Playhouse in Westwood.

It's a touching, emotional play about coping with unbearable grief. It's about a young mother whose 4 year-old son is killed in a freak traffic accident and how this tragedy affects her relationship with her husband, her mother, her sister, the driver and the entire world.

I know some might react, "Who would want to see that?" But this play is so beautifully written, by David Lindsay-Abaire, the weight of the emotions is leavened with humor in just the right amount.

I could tell by listening to the audience that some were deeply moved by the play. And NO ONE left at intermission. I watched.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Hey Ted -- Glad you liked "Rabbit Hole." I was fortunate to see it earlier this year during its previews on Broadway. I concur with you.