Sunday, October 29, 2006

System Shutdown



Finally paid the toll for my frantic activities over the last couple of months when I got real sick on Thursday.

It hurt to swallow, I couldn't talk right, had no appetite and all I wanted to do was sleep, sleep, sleep. Which is exactly what I did from Thursday evening at 8:30 p.m. almost straight through to Saturday morning at 10.

But I'm feeling much, much better now and ready to go charging into the new week.

Before I got sick I agreed to speak to a Junior Statesmen 1-Day Conference -- Decisions 2006 -- being held at USC on Saturday afternoon. Friday night I thought I might have to cancel, but when I woke up Saturday morning I could tell I'd be feeling well enough to go.

The students seemed interested in what I had to say about the upcoming elections or were courteous enough to appear interested. It was definitely a light-headed, out-of-body speech from my point of view. Maybe I'm more entertaining when a little delirious.

I'll have to update you tomorrow on a couple of great shows I saw this weekend. I wasn't about to waste my theater tickets. I was just sick, not dead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: