Friday, October 13, 2006

Should Have Seen It Coming



Spent Thursday afternoon in the San Mateo offices of the Junior Statesmen Foundation for a meeting.

You should have seen the scornful look Karen Prosser (photo above) gave me when I walked in. I knew I was in trouble for not blogging the night before. (October's been a little crazy!)

I spent a few minutes showing Karen how to post comments on this blog, so she can share her thoughts/recollections/rebuttals with everyone. So, look out world!

Also had a chance to catch up a little with my friend, Jennifer Raiser, whose now writing the monthly "First Person" column for the Nob Hill Gazette. Her October article is a must read -- http://www.nobhillgazette.com/firstperson.html

Raiser writes -- in glorious technicolor detail -- about her recent trip to Burning Man. As only she could do, she vouches for the "fine comportment of the participants" while pointing out the "sights ranged from delightful to diverting."

Check it out. Seems like it's one of those "at least once in your life" sort of things.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

BallentPhoto said...

Burning man is supposed to be quite the event to witness. I suppose that some of it's original "charm" will disappear as more people go there just to watch rather than participate. Thanks for the link it was a good read. :)