Sunday, January 22, 2006

Withdrawals



I don't know how widespread the problem was, but the New York Times wasn't delivered today to homes in my neighborhood.

At first I thought they just missed me. I didn't get around to trying to buy a copy until early this evening. I went to over 10 newsstands, grocery stores, liquor stores and bookstores -- and they were all sold out. Several of the clerks said lots of people had come in asking for a copy.

I wonder what happened and I wonder if I missed any interesting articles today.

This afternoon I saw a show at The Celebration Theater called "Judy at the Stonewall Inn." It's about a not-so-good Judy Garland impersonator who is visited by Judy Garland's ghost.

Cute set-up, but just an OK show.

It's directed by a fellow-Junior Statesmen alumnus, Derek Charles Livingston, so at least there's that.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: