Monday, January 02, 2006

They Can't All Be Gems

Just checked into the Hilton London Metropole Hotel. Seems like I've made a disappointing choice here. Not a very nice hotel at all.

The worst part (so far) is their in-room internet access isn't compatible with my laptop. They claim I'll be able to use the internet in the Business Center -- but it's not open today. In the meantime I'm posting from the public computer in the (crappy) Executive Lounge -- and I don't know how much I'll be posting during my two nights in London.

The hotel also seems to be overrun with American teenage students on high school trips. But I guess as the President of the Junior Statesmen Foundation Board of Trustees I should just bite my tongue on that one. (Junior Statesmen books lots of hotels for conventions where high school students learn about American politics.)

On Wednesday I fly home via Chicago. I keep checking the weather reports for snow in Chicago.

No comments: