Thursday, August 18, 2005

Neither Rhyme Nor Reason

Don't ask me why, but tonight I went to see "Dukes of Hazzard." I never even saw the TV show.

I guess it's a bad sign when the best part of the movie is the bloopers they run with the end credits. Lots of car crashes gone wrong and Rip Taylor, inexplicably, shows up in one.

Burt Reynolds is terrible as Boss Hogg. I'll be shocked if he ever shows up in another movie. I hope he got paid a lot for this one. (Although I did laugh pretty hard when a jail inmate urged Reynolds to "pop a feather" into his hat to make his all-white outfit look all "pimp.")

Celebrity Sighting: Saw Mo Rocca having lunch today at Eat Well in West Hollywood. He formerly was a Correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (another show I've never seen.) And he is currently a funny Contributor to The Today Show.

Checking on the internet I learned he was the president of Hasty Pudding at "USC-East" and appeared as "Doody" in the Southeast Asia tour of "Grease."

I really enjoyed his appearances last year on Larry King Live during the DNC and RNC conventions doing funny reports from the floor. A couple of times he got King laughing so hard he almost fell out of his chair.

And don't we all live to hear Larry King laugh that braying laugh of his?

No comments: