Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bitterly Watching Baseball History


Got to see the Washington Nationals -- the new baseball team in Washington, DC -- hit their team's first ever Grand Slam tonight by Center Fielder Brad Wilkerson in the bottom of the eighth inning at RFK Stadium. They went on to shutout the Dodgers and win the game 7 to 0.

Earlier this year my friend, Jim Brown, called to let me know he was buying Nationals Season Tickets and urged me to pick a game to come and see with him.

It was fun watching the Dodgers play on the road, but I don't know what I was thinking picking a game in August in Washington, DC. It was 95 degrees and muggy when I walked off the plane this afternoon.

RFK Stadium is like a giant cement bowl -- so it's even hotter inside. At least I wasn't the one dressed up in a giant bird outfit running around on the field.

Another early tomorrow morning as I'm off to London from Dulles at 9:30 a.m.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: