Saturday, July 16, 2005

Summer Officially Begins



Summer began for me tonight as I attended my first concert of the season at the venerable Hollywood Bowl. I've long believed that going to the Hollywood Bowl is the quintessential Los Angeles experience.

Our uniquely cool summer nights make attending an outdoor concert delightful.

Tonight's concert was a salute to George Gershwin. I enjoyed Rhapsody in Blue -- but unfortunately hearing it now I keep thinking I'm on hold for United Airlines.

The second part of the concert featured selection from George Gershwin's opera "Porgy and Bess." Tony Award winners Audra McDonald and Brian Stokes Mitchell along with Emmy Award winner Wayne Brady joined the Los Angeles Philharmonic for a wonderful show.

And if you're wondering about the picture above -- yes, they do close the back door before the concert begins. It was just open before the show -- while everyone is picnicking -- to keep the stage cooler.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: