Monday, July 18, 2005

A Golden Ticket

I really, really liked "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," which I saw tonight at Hollywood's historic Grauman's Chinese Theater.

I had very high expectations for this movie. It was one of my favorite books growing up. I always enjoyed how Rohl Dahl made his characters suffer the consequences of their bad decisions in odd ways.

Well, Tim Burton and Johnny Depp have combined again for a great movie. Burton brings a twisted and beautiful artistic vision to the film. Depp creates another distinctive and memorable character.

And having one actor, Deep Roy, play all of the Oompa Loompas was genius.

I have a bad habit that got me in trouble tonight. Whenever I'm walking behind someone and they sudden stop I have a little phrase that I mutter out of habit. On the way to Grauman's Chinese tonight I was walking behind a couple along Hollywood Boulevard. Suddenly they stopped -- I'm not sure which of the people dressed at C3PO, Catwoman or Elvis caught their eye.

So I said under my breath, "Keep the train moving." First the woman said, "ExcUUUse me?" Then she turned to her husband and asked, "What did he say?" I never did find out what she thought I said because I just Kept The Train Moving.

No comments: