Wednesday, March 28, 2007


Rip Taylor, on the other hand, was full of questions when I spotted him on the way into the Travel Expo and asked if I could take his photo.

"What's it for?"

"I'll post it on my blog."

"And then what?"

"I'll write that I saw you at the Travel Expo."

"And then what?"

"People will read it on the internet."

"And then what?"

"They'll enjoy it."

"And then what?"

Fortunately he accepted my "and then that's it" and quickly struck a pose.

And you, Dear Reader, are probably thinking, "Ted went to the Travel Expo and then what?"

I'm glad you asked -- but you can't get away with repeating it unless you made a career out of flinging bags of confetti into audiences.

I went and saw "Zodiac," the movie about the serial killer who terrorized the Bay Area in the 70s.

The movie was alright but I really enjoyed how they presented San Francisco in the 70s. I especially like the scene filmed in Original Joe's on Taylor Street -- and since the restaurant looks today exactly like it did in the 70s I don't think they had to do a thing to it. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Great photo! And love Rip's line of questioning...I bet he fell in love!