Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pecs Appeal


Tonight I decided to see for myself what all the fuss over "300" is about. This has to be the oddest "ancient war" movie ever made and I have no explanation for how wells it's done at the box office.

The movie looks like it was a joint project by Dolce & Gabbana, Bruce Weber and Abercrombie & Fitch.

Apparently the Spartans were better than the Persians because they had bigger chests and legs and believed in manscaping.

These mighty warriors went to war dressed in only Gucci leather shorts, red capes and sandals.

The whole thing just seemed like a theme party at Alan Carr's house.

Lacking any manscaping on my part, I had dinner before the movie at Dupar's at the Farmer's Market -- which has now gone 24 hours. I wasn't as enamored with my dinner tonight (chicken pot pie) as I was with my last visit (turkey dinner) -- surprising since the pot pies used to be a featured item at the "old" Dupar's.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Ted, I keep coming back to your site precisely for the kind of inspired comments like those you had today. Love the reference to Alan Carr!!