Friday, March 16, 2007

Good Cop/Bad Cop


Went to the ArcLight Cinema in Hollywood tonight to see the excellent German film, "The Lives of Others." It won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film.

It's about the Stasi, the East German Secret Police, and their monitoring of citizens in the German Democratic Republic. While listening in on all aspects of the suspects' lives, one officer develops a soft spot for their "subversive" activities. It's a very convincing portrayal of life in East Germany prior to when the Berlin Wall fell.

On the way home I got pulled over by an L.A. County Deputy Sheriff for failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. (I didn't see the guy at all -- I swear.) I expressed my contrition to the officer and he let me go with just a warning after delivering a stern lecture about pedestrian fatality rates and noting my USC license plate and telling me he's a Trojan too. Sure glad I didn't get pulled over by a Bruin -- doubt they have internet access available in the West Hollywood jail.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: