Friday, March 09, 2007

Coffee, Anyone?


Finally had a chance tonight to see "Confessions of a Mormon Boy" tonight at the Coast Playhouse in West Hollywood.

I've read about this show as it's toured around the country, including an off-Broadway run. It finally opened in Los Angeles two nights before I left on my trip, but I already had commitments on those evenings. It was originally scheduled to end before I got home, so I was pleased to see the run has been extended until April 15.

It's written and performed by Steven Fales, who grew up Mormon but strayed far, far from the Church's teachings.

I was impressed by how Fales explains the decisions he made while also making it clear there are aspects of Mormonism that remain very much a part of "who" he is -- whether the Church likes it or not.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: