Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Scary Times in Fresno



Spent today in Fresno. (Had lunch at the Chicken Pie Shop.) The plan was my meeting would end at 5:00 p.m. and I'd catch the 6:35 p.m. flight -- the last United flight to LAX -- home. Tight but doable.

Around 4:00 p.m. the United computer called and told me my flight was delayed and would be leaving at 7:20 p.m. Great! I didn't have to rush.

So I do-dee-doed after the meeting -- made some phone calls, got a soda, etc. I showed up at the airport at 6:40 p.m. and was SHOCKED to read on the departure board my flight -- the last United flight to LAX -- had left on time at 6:35 p.m.

I waited in line for assistance at the counter and was happy to learn they don't update the board -- it just automatically says "DEPARTED" when the flight is scheduled to leave -- and my flight would be leaving, as I had been told, at 7:20 p.m. Whew!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: