Thursday, May 04, 2006

I've Found It!



Made my way to Eureka tonight to attend a meeting tomorrow morning at Humboldt State University. It'll be my first time on campus and I'm looking forward to it.

By the time I arrived at the airport the rental car counters had closed for the evening. Hertz and Avis weren't willing to leave keys for me with a United Airlines representative (I've made similar arrangements at other small airports). National was willing to do it, but they were sold out -- "Must be something big going on," said the National manager.

So instead, my hotel -- the Eureka Red Lion -- agreed to give me a ride in the van they were sending to pick-up the flight crew. And now in the morning I have to go back to the airport (20 minutes away) to pick up a rental car.

It probably would have been a lot easier to have just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the airport. But I've stayed at the Red Lion everytime I've come to Eureka in the last 25 years.

I'm too much a creature of habit to simply change for convenience sake.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: