Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Missed Advertising Opportunity



Two pitchers named "Aaron," Aaron Cook for the Rockies and Aaron Sele for the Dodgers, started tonight's game at Dodger Stadium. I don't know if this was the first time two starting pitchers named "Aaron" have ever faced each other.

But I'm very surprised the Dodgers didn't take the opportunity to sell advertising to the Aaron Brothers chain of stores and get them to "sponsor" the game. It would make as much sense as all the other over-the-top advertising at Dodger Stadium these days.

I refused the advertising they tried to give me as I drove into the parking lot tonight and I shot down taking the advertising they tried to hand me as I walked in the gate. Too much!

At least it was a good game with the Dodgers winning 7 to 1 for their seventh consecutive victory. Tonight's win means the Dodgers completed a sweep of a six-game homestand, the first time they've done that since 1994.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: