Sunday, May 25, 2008


Los Angeles Magazine lists Billy's in Glendale as one of the 10 best delis in Los Angeles.

They also wrote, "Evelyn 'Evy' Rondino (photo above) could have the best deli-waitress shtick in LA. She delivers asides, performs double takes, and brushes off orders as wrong."

I'm working my way through the list and when I stopped by on Thursday I was thrilled to have Evy as my waitress.

(She hurt her arm tripping over her dog. "He's blind in one eye and couldn't see me coming from the side. Good news: the dog is OK."

Yes, the food is great but it's all about Evy as far as I'm concerned.

She's even good at telling ribald jokes like, "Why do Jewish men get circumcised? Because Jewish women won't touch anything that's not 20% off."

When I asked to take her picture she fretted that she doesn't look good on camera. After I showed her the result she said, "there I am, an old Jewish man...in a sling."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: