Friday, May 16, 2008

Grab That Bull By The Horns


"The Nothing Boys," written by and starring Greg Siff is a delightful show about a struggling actor in Hollywood who returns to Nassau County, New York for his ten year high school reunion to find only one other alum in attendance along with their old Guidance Counselor, "call me Marty."

Inspired by a real incident, Siff explores young adults on the cusp of aging (and hair loss), ambition, competition, dreams, friendships, pride, awkwardness and male bonding.

It was Rick Sparks taking the helm as Director that attracted me to this show. I've always enjoyed his previous work including "Down South" ("Hello Ma, Sue Stevens here") and "Highballs, Ahoy!" starring the inimitable Les Stevens (who lives on as a magnet on my refrigerator).

I went to my 10 year high school reunion (many moons ago) and this play brought back so many emotions of that night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: