Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stay-at-Home Classics

Instead of going out every night this week I've been staying at home catching up on the more than 50 hours of entertainment TiVo has recorded for me.

For instance, last night I watched the classic 1954 MGM musical "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" starring Jane Powell and Howard Keel.

Tonight I watched the equally classic 1984 Warner Bros. movie "Cannonball Run II" starring a cast of a thousand stars -- Susan Anton, Sid Caesar, a very young Jackie Chan, Tony Danza, Sammy Davis, Jr., Dom DeLuise, Jamie Farr, Marylu Henner, Don Knotts, Shirley Maclaine, Dean Martin, Ricardo Montelban, Jim Neighbors, Louis Nye, Telly Savalas, Charles Nelson Reilly, Burt Reynolds, Frank Sinatra, Mel Tillis, Abe Vigoda and an orangutan in a chauffeur's outfit to list a few.

Gosh I miss the 80s.

No comments: