Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Love It, I Love It, I Love It


I keep seeing Mark Feurstein around town. About a month ago I saw him having lunch at Clementine near Century City. A week before that I saw him in line at a movie theater.

And tonight I saw the new movie he stars in, "Sing Now or Forever Hold Your Peace."

It's about a group of friends who meet in a college a capella singing group and reunite in their late 30s to sing at the wedding of one of the group's members.

It's a touching and thought-provoking look at how we call cope with aging and the loss of youthful optimism. How ironic that I ended up seeing this movie tonight when someone I haven't talked to for 15 years called me out of the blue today.

Molly Shannon, who plays the wife of one of the singers, steals the movie as the one who always has the trashiest thing to say at the table. Is this the year of Molly Shannon or what?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: