Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reliving My Aussie Adventures


With my two weeks in Australia earlier this year still fresh on my mind, when I learned "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" was screening tonight at the Egyptian Theater on Hollywood Boulevard I immediately made plans to attend.

What a fun picture -- and I love seeing it on the big screen.

I happened to be sitting next to Tim Chappel, who won an Oscar in 1994 for Best Costume Design for the movie. After the screening was over I asked him if he was involved in the stage musical based on the movie which debuted in Sydney last fall. Turns out he is and he told me they're expecting the show to transfer to London next March and then go to Broadway the following year. I told him after seeing it in February I was convinced it would be a big hit.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: