Saturday, October 08, 2005

Double Header

Watched the USC Trojans spank the University of Arizona Wildcats 42 to 21 this afternoon. USC may have looked a little shaky at times, but they got the job done.

The weather sure was a lot more pleasant this afternoon than last Saturday -- the temperature today at kickoff was a delightful 73 degrees.

Next weekend the Trojans take on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Wish I was making the trip to South Bend, but I'm not. I can only hope that Regis Philbin is reduced to tears by the outcome of the game.

Tonight I saw a strange little show at the Kirk Douglas Theater called "all wear bowlers." It's really more performance art than theater and features two performers/clowns who act out some very surreal scenes.

The best one was when they kicked a couple of people in the front row out of their seats, unscrewed the seats and hauled them on stage, and sat in them facing the audience -- staring at us and expecting us to entertain them!

One scene was a series of spit-takes, which immediately brought to mind my friend, Roger Noriega. He used to think the ultimate moment of any late night talk show was a spit-take. I wonder if he still does?

1 comment:

It's just me said...

Hello, I've read your blog everyday for about three weeks/month now. I'm simply amazed at the amount of culture and sports you manage to take in...all the traveling and fun you're having; I'm jealous. Thanks for blogging.