Saturday, October 01, 2005

Cooling Off the House of Heat



It took all four quarters to do it, but the Trojans defeated the Arizona State University Sun Devils today at Sun Devil Stadium, known locally as "The House of Heat."

The Trojans were down 21 to 3 at halftime, scored 14 unanswered points in the third quarter and went on to win 38 to 28.

When the Trojans went ahead 24 to 21 in the fourth quarter the ASU students pelted the field with water bottles. Of course, I don't condone such behavior -- but it was kind of funny to watch their own cheerleaders dodging the incoming trash.

The stadium certainly earned it's nickname today. It was 93 degrees on the field at the 12:30 kickoff and only got hotter during the afternoon. There's no shade for most of the seats (including the visitor's section) and the metal benches were very toasty.

Somehow I've broken my camera again, so I won't be posting photos while I sent it to Casio to repair AGAIN. In February I slipped and fell on my backside with my camera in my back pocket -- so I have no one to blame but myself for it breaking back then. But this time it was working fine last night, I took it out of my pocket today and the screen on the back is busted again. So it'll take pictures, I just can't see what I'm shooting. Lame!

Posted by Picasa